- As business demands change, so must organizations change to meet those new demands. Key levers to ensure changes are woven into the fabric of the organization are some of the HR Processes and Systems.
- These processes and systems are sometimes developed at different times in an organizations life cycle. possibilities & solutions can assess the alignment of the systems in place, refine and/or develop these kinds of systems to ensure they are encouraging and rewarding the necessary results and behaviors needed for future success for the organization and individuals within that organization.
When this process is working well within an organization, it provides:
- A way to translate overall goals to an individuals contributions
- A vehicle for enhancing accountability and potential
- A tool for feedback which builds trust and enhances development when done well
- A method for reinforcing what needs to be accomplished along with the how it needs to be accomplished. In other words not just the results but results in line and supporting the companys values and ethics and overall success.
- Possibilities & solutions has designed, update and re-vamped Performance Management processes and tools to foster these benefits more clearly for organizations, managers and employees. To do that successfully, possibilities & solutions focuses on all the key components and influence potential within the organization, such as: the overall goals of the organization, the leadership, the critical role of the middle managers and education for all levels involved in Performance Management. possibilities & solutions also focus on the full performance management process: performance planning, performance feedback loops, development plans and performance appraisal as they ensure your process is designed well.
- Succession Planning and Accelerated Development Process
If the leadership in your company says, "we have great people, but were not sure of the benchstrength of our leadership" its time to looks seriously at a succession planning process for the long term viability of your organization. This process goes beyond the usual replacement planning process "Whos the next one who can fill this job or do we have to look outside?". The components of this process are: identify key levels or positions for which it is critical to develop people from within; identify success criteria or competencies for these key levels/positions; identify individuals who demonstrate these criteria, assess these identified candidates more widely (objectively) than just one managers review, hold career management discussions to integrate their future goals/plans, accelerate their development through actively managing development plans.
possibilities & solutions has designed, revised and enhanced this process and components for organizations who want to ensure their highly talented individuals are retained and can be utilized in broader roles in the future.
The top three reasons people stay or join a company are: interesting work, career development and development opportunities (Towers Perrin, Total Rewards Survey, 1999). Many companies utilize a development statement or plan as part of the performance appraisal. There may be more needed if you want to retain well trained employees or attract the best into your organization. possibilities & solutions helps management develop an employee development process which is driven by the employees and actively supported through participation by management and leaders within the organization. It includes: intentional development opportunities© which are wider than training programs. This is done through tailored resource guides for critical development areas across the organization. These guides include: readings, on the job assignments, non work activities, self improvement tools, e-learning ideas, etc., many are company specific.
Training Strategy / Curriculum
When an organization wants to focus training to the critical areas of need for individuals and for the organization, it is time to maximize the connectedness of the training provided and pinpoint training to these critical needs. Do your programs build on one another? Are the models from one program reinforced in another, even if its a different facilitator? Is education and training used as a lever for change within your organization by developing new skills or sets of behaviors of individuals? If the answer to these are "no", you may want to look at ways that possibilities & solutions can assist you in developing your organizations training strategies. We can take information already generated from a performance planning process or succession planning process and build a curriculum or strategy from that foundation up. We have looked at creative ways to insource the training function. Insourcing means you have access to a wide variety of highly skilled facilitators with a broad range of expertise, who are familiar with your organization, and yet you dont have them on your payroll and only use them when you need them.
Other processes where possibilities & solutions has capabilities in:
- Measuring ROI of training programs
- HR Generalist Function
- Recruiting & behavioral event interviewing
- Career Management
- Employee Orientation
- Employee Handbooks (policies, procedures, etc.)